Diwali, the festival of lights, is synonymous with joy, celebrations, and of course, lots and lots of sweets. This Diwali, we urge you to make homemade sweets with our easy and scrumptious Pistachio Fudge recipe, also known as Barfi because homemade tastes so much better! With just four simple ingredients, you can whip up a treat that will leave your taste buds dancing.
- 70g Pistachios
- 150g Milk Powder
- 397ml can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- Edible Rose Petals (optional)
- Chopped Pistachios (optional)
- Edible Gold Leaf (optional)
1. Start by grinding the pistachios in a food processor until they reach a coarse powder consistency.
2. In a pan, mix the ground pistachios with milk powder, condensed milk, and cardamom powder. Stir the mixture continuously over high heat to prevent burning. After around 7 minutes, you'll notice the ingredients coming together into a smooth, luscious blend.
3. Flatten and Shape: Transfer the mixture onto a flat dish. Use a rolling pin and parchment paper to flatten it out evenly. This step ensures a uniform thickness for your barfi.
4. Garnish: Sprinkle the rose petals, chopped pistachios, and edible gold leaf over the flattened fudge. Press the toppings gently with parchment paper to ensure they adhere well.
5. Cut into Shapes: Once garnished, use a pizza cutter to slice the fudge into your desired shapes.
6. Optional: Roll into Balls: While cutting into shapes is the quicker option, you can also roll the mixture into small truffles. Keep in mind that this takes more time, and the toppings may not adhere as well, but the result is equally delicious.
Serve these Pistachio Fudge delights on a decorative platter, and watch as your Diwali celebrations light up with the beauty of homemade goodness. Whether you share them with family and friends or keep them all to yourself, these easy-to-make treats are sure to become a festive favourite.
Wishing you a sweet and joyous Diwali!